WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY
The Administrative Professional Advisory Council will meet Thursday, February 10, 2022 at 9:00am via Zoom.
FEBRUARY 2022 AGENDA
- 9:00am – Call to order
- Council Member Attendance: Anna McLeod, Stephanie Rink, Jacqueline Southwick, Karla Ealy-Marroquin, Angie Senter, Jenny Glass, Spencer Desmarais, Tony Burt, Paul Wilmoth, Heather Cova, Kasi Balmforth, Karen Fischer, Joanne Greene, Robbie Dudley, Tom Sanford, Sue Gilchrist, Brady Aldrich. Fifteen (15) council and alternate members were present with six (6) members absent, and twenty-four (24) non-voting members present.
- Welcome & Introduction of the APAC Council
- 9:05am Chair’s Report – Anna McLeod
- Committee Updates (1-2 highlights)
- Budget Report
- Diversity Equity & Inclusion Report
- Election & Bylaw Report
- Events Committee Report
- Marketing & Communications Report
- Professional Development Report
- Strategic Planning Committee Report
- Constituent Concerns
- 9:20am – Professional Development Workshop: Mindfulness Made Simple (PDF)
- Join us in welcoming February APAC Speaker: Trymaine Gaither, Special Assistant to the Provost for Inclusive Excellence
- Mindfulness Made Simple: Based on science and reason, there are simple methods that have been proven to increase one’s capacity to create happiness and decrease suffering. Join us as we focus on the practical implementation of mindfulness meditation rather than just a conceptional understanding. Drawing upon research and the MBSR (Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction) model, you will discover and take part in mindfulness-based practices that promote greater connection and resilience, even in the face of life’s challenges.
- Adjournment: 10:30am