2023-2024 Election Application Now Closed
The Administrative Professional Advisory Council (APAC) represents all campuses to the WSU administration; all APAC members (see Article VIII in the APAC Guidelines for eligibility) are encouraged to run for officer positions and all administrative professional employees (see Article V) are encouraged to run for APAC membership.
|Election Timetable & Procedural Steps||Timeline Identified||2023 Dates|
|Dates and procedures announced; nomination forms open||Before February meeting||February 1|
|Formal nominations due to on the APAC webpage announcement 1,2||5 PM first Friday in March||March 3|
|Chair, Vice-Chair, Treasurer (Officers) and general member candidates announced||March meeting||March 9|
|Special nomination cycle held if no officer candidates nominated/applied (as applicable)||Friday after March meeting||March 10|
|Candidate information sent to members||Last week of March||March 30|
|Executive Session Officer presentations / Q&A (5 min per candidate) / Vote||Special Voting Session||April 20|
|New members announced & invited to attend the APAC meeting following written notification of appointment.||Prior to May meeting||April 27|
|New members attend first APAC meeting||May meeting||May 11|
The 2023 Administrative Professional Advisory Council Election Application Session opened on Wednesday, February 1st. The application form closed at 5:00pm on March 3rd, 2023.
APAC Application / Nominations & Requirements
- All Alternate and Council Member applications / nominations must be WSU Administrative Professionals. Completion of the APAC online nomination web form is required.
- APAC Alternate Membership positions can serve for an unlimited 1-year term
- APAC Council Membership positions can serve for two consecutive 3-year terms
- Nominations will be submitted in writing to the APAC Office during the open 30 day nomination period. Self nominations are also accepted.
- Any member nominated has the right to decline the nomination. The APAC respects the decision of a member who declines a nomination. All nominees are contacted for an opportunity to decline before the packets are sent to the APAC voting Council Members.
- Current Council Members will need to be in good standing in accordance with Article V of the APAC Guidelines.
- Council members should plan to dedicate 2 hours or more per month depending on role and committee(s)
- All Officer position nominees shall include a letter detailing how they are qualified for the position with their nomination packet per the advertised requirements.
Note: Forms are reviewed by APAC members for election purposes. If you have any questions about election processes, please contact the APAC Office, and a team member will connect with you soon.
PO Box 641038
Pullman, WA 99164-1038